The role of the local primary care pharmacy contract teams is to:
- Ensure consistent implementation and delivery of national NHS pharmaceutical (essential and advanced) services are across England.
- Commission high quality, accessible and timely local (enhanced) pharmaceutical services for local residents.
- Manage the local pharmaceutical list.
- Support contractors to provide the best possible service to patients.
- Consult and work collaboratively with the Local Pharmacy Committees (LPCs), which represent local pharmacy providers.
- Work with others locally to ensure integration of pharmaceutical services with other NHS services.
NHS England local teams are supported by a central pharmacy commissioning team.
The local teams are responsible for determining applications for pharmacy contracts, contract monitoring and ensuring appropriate availability and access to pharmaceutical services.
NHS England local team email addresses for community pharmacy matters have been listed:
- Cheshire and Merseyside: england.CMPharmacy@nhs.net
- Cumbria and North East (Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, Durham, Darlington, Tees): ENGLAND.Pharmacyandoptometry@nhs.net
- Greater Manchester: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lancashire and South Cumbria: email@example.com
- North Yorkshire and Humber (East Riding of Yorkshire, Hull, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire): firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Yorkshire (Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield) and Bassetlaw: email@example.com
- West Yorkshire: firstname.lastname@example.org