Your Questions Answered
All the information you’ll need about our delivery options.
Latest UK Delivery Estimates
- Free delivery over £25 – 3-5 working days
- 2nd Class (£2.99) – 3-5 working days
- 1st Class (£3.99) – 2-3 working days
- UK Courier (£7.95) – Currently unavailable
Free Delivery to a Waterstones Bookshop
Your items will be available to collect from your local Waterstones shop within 2 hours if in stock there, or within 1-3 weeks if not.
Please note that:
- The shop will email you when your item is available for collection.
- Your order will be held at the shop for 90 days for you to pick up at your convenience.
- You should take your dispatch email or order number and a form of ID with you when you go to collect your goods – we require these as a proof of purchase, and without them we cannot release your order.
We are experiencing delays with deliveries to many countries, but in most cases local services have now resumed. For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail’s International Incident Bulletin.
Please note that:
- If one or more items are not available when you place your order there may be a delay in dispatch, so that we can send your items in as few parcels as possible.
- Orders will be dispatched using international post and you will be charged a shipping cost.
- This method is fully secure, and we can track and trace the shipment for you.
- Orders sent via this method will require a signature upon receipt.
- Courier delivery cannot be made to PO Boxes.
Western Europe Delivery – £9.00 + £1 per additional item
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Rest of the World Delivery – £12.50 + £1 per additional Item
The prices payable for goods are as set out in the website, inclusive of VAT where applicable (books are currently zero rated). Customers ordering for delivery outside of the UK will be responsible for payment of any local taxes payable including VAT, and will be required to pay extra for delivery and clearance where necessary.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the UK, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be paid by you. It is accepted by you that Waterstones has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. Waterstones recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order. You will be the importer of record and responsible for any import VAT and duty that needs to be paid. In addition, any charges for import clearance will be paid by you, the customer.
British Forces Post Office Addresses
For BFPO addresses, please select UK as your country.
Prison Book Delivery
For prison deliveries, when selecting a delivery address please enter the Prisoner Number into the ‘Address line 1’ field and the name of the prison into the ‘Address line 2’ field. Enter the name and other details as normal.
Please note that there are books that are banned from being sent to prisons. This varies from institution to institution, so please contact the relevant prison if you have any questions.
We Are Able to Ship Orders to the Following Countries:
Aland Islands, Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canary Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, China (inc Tibet), Comoros, Cook Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guadaloupe, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Martinique, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vanuatu, Vatican City.