The mission and primary focus of the pharmacy department is to support direct patient care oriented to the achievement of specific patient health outcomes through drug therapy and to promote pharmacy and drug-related education and research.
Pharmacy services are supportive of pharmaceutical care, and include:
Goals of the pharmacy department are to:
- Provide leadership for an exemplary, innovative medication system.
- Provide a drug distribution system which is safe, secure, reliable and efficient.
- Provide current, objective drug information and education.
- Serve as an exemplary site for the education of pharmacy and other students.
- Conduct, collaborate in and support research.
- Pursue continuous quality improvement.