Posted November 8, 2019 by logisticsplus
If you regularly ship a high volume of products, you’ve probably had to deal with freight claims before. We all know that managing freight claims can be time consuming, frustrating, and a hassle to complete. From completing and submitting paperwork, to waiting on each claim to be settled, a lot of time and effort stands between your business and the valuable money a damaged shipment can lose you.
Because of these reasons, several businesses now outsource freight claims management to a reliable, trusted third party company such as Logistics Plus. If you want to achieve efficiency and gain tight control of your company, outsourcing freight claims is the best way to do so. In this article, we’ll discuss the steps it takes to file a freight claim and the main benefits of outsourcing them.
Steps to File A Freight Claim
- The shipment must be identified so the carrier can complete an investigation.
- The type of loss or damage must be stated.
- The amount for the claim must be stated.
- A demand for payment by the carrier must be included.
- Don’t pay for someone else’s mistake. Unfortunately, accidents happen and the same applies to shipping. Although you have the right to be reimbursed for any loss, transportation companies have become so large which causes delays and frustration in the claims process. Don’t let this happen to you!
- Gain visibility to outstanding claims. If you outsource freight claims, you are able to receive shorter resolution times, improved win-rates, increased recoveries, and most importantly reporting. Things such as email updates and timely reports never leave you wondering how far along your claim is during this long process.
- Save the time and hassle. When you don’t have to worry about the administrative work, your team is able to focus on other projects and growing your business. For smaller organizations especially, this advantage is critical.
If you frequently ship LTL freight or truckload shipments, freight losses and damages are almost inevitable. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced and caring freight claim management team on your side.
Contact us today to learn more and find out why you should outsource freight claims to Logistics Plus.