Express Package Services
A surcharge applies to any shipment that:
1) measure greater than 48 inches along its longest side;
2) measure greater than 30 inches along its second-longest side;
3) has an actual weight greater than 70 pounds; or if the average weight of all packages exceed 70 pounds.
4) is not fully encased in an outer shipping container;
5) is encased in an outer shipping container not made of corrugated fiberboard (cardboard) materials, including but not limited to metal, wood, canvas, leather, hard plastic, soft plastic (e.g., plastic bags) or expanded polystyrene foam (e.g., Styrofoam);
6) is encased in an outer shipping container covered in shrink wrap or stretch wrap;
7) is encased in a soft-sided pack (e.g., courier packs, poly bags and bubble mailers) that exceeds 18 inches along its longest side or 13 inches along its second-longest side or 5 inches in height;
8) is cylindrical, including (without limitation) mailing tubes, cans, buckets, barrels, drums or pails;
9) is bound with metal, plastic or cloth banding, or has wheels, casters, handles, or straps (including packages where the outer surface area is loosely wrapped, or where the contents protrude outside the surface area);
10) could become entangled in or cause damage to other packages or the FedEx sortation system.
Package shape and dimensions may change during transit, which can affect the package’s dimensional weight and surcharge eligibility. If the dimensions change during transit, FedEx may make appropriate adjustments to the shipment charges at any time.
For International express, this surcharge applies per shipment even if multiple pieces are bundled in a shipment. We reserve the right to assess additional handling charges for packages that require special handling or that require FedEx to apply additional packaging during transit.
$60 per shipment (dimension)
$12 per shipment (weight)
$12 per shipment (packaging)