We specialise in shipping household goods and vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors, buses, motorbikes, etc) to Barbados from the UK (by RoRo or Container), and can guarantee the best shipping prices.
For UK based clients, we offer either shipping only, where you deliver your vehicle or goods to one of the UK ports of departure, or an all-inclusive shipping service where we collect your vehicle or goods from any UK address and ship them to Bridgetown.
For international clients, we can either source and supply new or used vehicles from the UK and export them directly to you in Barbados, or if you have identified or secured your own car in the UK, we can buy the vehicle on your behalf and ship it to you in Barbados.
Cost / Prices for Shipping to Bridgetown, Barbados
|VEHICLE TYPE||SHIPPING PRICE|
|Saloon / Sedan cars (up to 1.6m height)||£1,150|
|4×4 / SUV / Vans (up to 2.1m height)||£1,200|
|20-foot Container (1 car)||£1,700|
|40-foot Container (2 cars)||£2,500|
|Other vehicles (Truck, Bus, Tractor, Trailer, etc)||£dimensions needed|
|Collection / Delivery (from any UK location)||£1 per mile|
Shipping Methods to Bridgetown, Barbados
We operate one ship per week from UK to Barbados, through ports of Southampton, Sheerness, New Castle, Tilbury, and Immingham. We typically export to Bridgetown where you can collect the vehicle, OR using our local Barbadosn agents, we can arrange for the clearance of your vehicle when it arrives in Bridgetown.
The ships take approximately 17 days to get to Bridgetown from the UK. There are two main methods of shipping vehicles from the UK to Barbados:
– RORO Shipping – RoRo is short for “Roll on Roll off” and is the simplest, cheapest, and most popular method of shipping. Vehicles are driven into the ship and securely fixed to the ship’s deck, and when the ship arrives in Bridgetown, they are driven out of the ship. Putting personal goods in the vehicles is usually not permitted when shipping by RoRo.
– CONTAINER Shipping – this is where vehicles are secured in a container, which is then loaded onto the ship. Container shipping is a more expensive but secure option and is ideal if you are sending high-value vehicles or if you are sending other items with your car, such as household goods or spare parts.
Procedure / How to Book
Vehicle Collection / Delivery
Provide us with the address for collection and details of the vehicle you want to be collected. We will come to collect the vehicle at a convenient time and deliver it to the port.
Vehicle Shipping from the UK
* Provide us with your full name and address, details of the vehicle you want to ship, a copy of the V5 (or new keeper supplement), and the MOT certificate (if available)
* Deliver your vehicle to the UK port of departure using port documentation that we will provide to you (or we will pick your vehicle and deliver it to the port)
* Make payment (before the ship’s departure date)
* We carry out customs clearance and issue you with documentation required to clear your car when it gets to Bridgetown.
Vehicle purchase on your behalf
If you locate a vehicle through a UK car dealer, private seller or another UK car selling website, we can act as your agent, negotiate on your behalf, and conduct background checks and inspections before you purchase the car (to make sure it is not a fraudulent advert, stolen, or has been in an accident).
We will then purchase it on your behalf, collect it, deliver it to the UK port of departure, and ship it to you in Barbados.
To order this service, provide us with the private seller, dealer, website, or email details, and we will make contact on your behalf and start the process of securing the vehicle and exporting it to you in Barbados. Full details and costs can be found on our page Buy vehicle in the UK on my behalf
New / Used Car Supply
We supply brand new and used vehicles from the UK and ship them directly to clients in Barbados. We also specialise in exporting tax free cars (Brand new or VAT qualifying used cars), so our Barbadosn clients can make huge savings when purchasing a vehicle from us.
We are able to source and supply ALL vehicles available in the UK market, which are either our own vehicles, or cars supplied by our network of dealers across the UK. Due to our extensive network, we guarantee to get you the cheapest prices in the UK, for cars, 4x4s, vans, trucks, minibuses, buses, coaches, tractors and plant machinery.
To order a vehicle, call us, email, or submit an online enquiry with the vehicle make, model, year of manufacture, colour, transmission, engine size, etc, and we will provide you with vehicle options within minutes. Alternatively, browse our database of cars for export, and ask for quotation to ship to Barbados.
UK Customs & Documentation
Car Exporters UK has direct access to the UK Customs Portal granted by the UK Government, so we will make customs and border entries on your behalf to avoid delays or your car being detained at the port.
We will also prepare all documentation needed in Barbados, including inspection Documents, Log Books, Invoices, Bills of Lading, Marine Insurance, Receipts etc, and will send these to you by DHL (tracked) in advance of the ship’s arrival in Bridgetown, to allow you (or your local agent), to start the customs clearing process.
Vehicle Shipping by Air
We have shipped vehicles to locations around the world for various reasons including filming commercials, racing, movies etc. The main reason for shipping cars by air include saving time or for extremely prestige and precious vehicles. We can provide very competitive air freight rates to Barbados, so please contact us for a quote.
The following are the modes of payment we accept, but please note that vehicles will not leave the UK until full payment has been received and cleared in our account.
* Bank Transfer (Most Convenient)
* Credit and Debit Cards
* Western Union® or Moneygram etc
* Cheques (issued by UK banks ONLY)
Barbados Import Rules and Duty Calculations
Below is a quick summary of the rules regarding the importation of vehicles into Barbados. It is intended to be a guide only, and you must always ensure that you check with your own local authorities for firm confirmation. For more information on the requirements and import regulations for cars into Barbados, see the Barbados Revenue Authority‘s car Importation guidelines, and our page How to Import – Barbados Car Duty / Tax Rules.
Vehicle Age Restriction
A vehicle must be less than 4 years old and must have no more than 50,000 KM on the odometer.
Rates of Duty
* Import duty is 45% on all vehicles.
* Environmental Levy is Bds$1,500.00 per vehicle
* Value Added Tax (V.A.T.) is 17.5%
* Port FAS charge
* Excise Tax
Vehicle Type Restrictions
* If client is not a diplomat or returning national – Vehicles must be four (4) years or under with an odometer reading of 50,000 km or less.
* If client is a returning national – There are no restrictions on age or mileage provided the candidate meets all other requirements outlined in the Returning National Guidelines. The vehicle is free of all normally applicable import duties and taxes.
* If client is a diplomat – No restrictions apply in this case and the vehicle is free of all normally applicable import duties and taxes.
Documents required by Barbados Government
* All Vehicles – Importers are required to apply for an import license before shipping a vehicle.
* If used – The owner’s logbook and insurance policy for the period of ownership plus any other supporting documents which provide proof of period of ownership.
* If new – A commercial invoice is required for all new vehicles.
* Import Permit (Usually issued by your shipping company)
* Owner’s log book.
* Proof of insurance.
* Receipt / Invoice for new vehicles.
* Import License (Usually issued by your shipping company)
* OBL (bill of lading)
Please note that unless explicitly stated otherwise by us, you are entirely responsible for your local clearance, customs and freight costs and regulations of the Barbados government.
No listings have been added yet. Please click to add a listing.